Services to Community Associations
- Budget Preparation
- Timely Payment of Bills
- Lock Box Security - Collection of Fees
- Computerized Monthly Finance Package
- Balance Sheet
- Budget vs. Actual Comparison
- Bank Statement Reconciliations
- Accounts Payable Listing
- Delinquent Status Report
- Audit Assistance
- By-Laws/Master Deed Document Review
- Insurance Coverage Review
- Board Meeting Attendance
- Meeting Agenda Preparation
- Homeowner File Documentation
- Maintenance Request/Complaint Documentation and Follow-Up
- Certificate of Insurance Tracking System
- Monthly Written Management Report
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Scheduled Inspections
- Preparation of Bid Specifications
- Solicitation of Contractor Bids and Comparative Cost Analysis
- Supervision of Contractors
- Preparation of Annual Plan Calendar
- Development of Maintenance Plan and Deferred Maintenance Schedule
RCP Management maintains a 24 hours-emergency call service. A manager is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to respond to emergencies.During regular business hours, RCP's customer service department responds to homeowner needs, requests and /or complaints. All work orders are recorded using a computerized work order system that can track the progress of work orders by type, by unit and by association.
THE MANAGEMENT TEAM
A team of management professionals is assigned to your Association to respond quickly to your needs. Our property managers are the best in the business: a select group of senior managers supported by an experienced staff of associate managers and administrators. Each management team is responsible for a limited number of full management projects. This means more time for you, and immediate attention to your needs.
ON-SITE EMPLOYEE SUPERVISION
When an on-site has onsite staff it is critical that they are professionally supervised. There are laws and regulations that need to be followed in both their treatment and payrollon-site Close supervision of onsite staff can be one of the most positive influences on the health of your association.
We use independent vendors and thus gain no financial benefit from their services. Our only interest is in seeing that your association receives professional attention and superior service from vendors, who are licensed, bonded and insured.
RCP Management After Hours
24 HOUR HOTLINE
RCP maintains an after hours emergency hotline. An operator will answer the phone and dispatch needed services.
MANAGEMENT ON DUTY
A property manager experienced in handling emergencies is always available to work with the emergency operator and the emergency vendor.
Specific vendors will be assigned emergency responsibilities for your association and are prepared to act on very short notice to assist you after hours.
RCP Start-up Procedures
Upon receiving a management assignment, RCP initiates a program to integrate the property documentation, financial data, and other relevant information into our property management system. The following is a partial list of RCP standard procedures.
A Property Summary Sheet is prepared on the property. This summary sheet contains the following:
- Building or Project Name
- All Property Addresses
- Property Telephone Number(s)
- Number of Units and Type of Units
- All Owners' Names
- All Owners' Mailing Addresses
- All Owners' Telephone Numbers
- Tax Identification Number
- Current Vendor List
- Insurance Carrier and Agent
NOTIFICATION OF NEW MANAGEMENT
All concerned parties are promptly notified regarding change in management. These include:
- Current Residents
- Current Vendors
- Local Agencies
- Insurance Carriers
All accounting procedures are initiated immediately. Per our contract we will:
- Open Bank Accounts in the Association's Name
- Establish Filing System
- Define Chart of Accounts
- Create Appropriate Journals
- Establish Delinquency Collection Procedures
- Obtain Previous Operations Records
- Obtain Financial Records
- Obtain Payroll Records
- Develop Tickler System for Contract Renewals
- Prepare Operating Budget
- Review Liability Insurance
- Review Workers Compensation Insurance
- Establish Standards and Quality Controls
- Evaluate On-site Personnel
BUILDING INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE
The project is thoroughly inspected and a written report with all findings is submitted. Recommendations based on these findings are made and implemented, as agreed upon. We verify, review, and inspect the following:
- Exterior Condition
- Safety Equipment
- Deferred Maintenance
- Roof Condition
- HVAC Efficiency and Condition
- Emergency Procedures
- Vendor Pricing and Insurance Certificates
- Maintenance Request Procedures
An audit of resident-related documentation is conducted. Recommendations for any additions are made at this time. RCP Management will:
The above-described procedures are completed during the first eight weeks of assignment to the project. From this data, your project is entered into the RCP fully-integrated, master program. This sophisticated property management system uses real-time methods of invoicing, check receipts and disbursement posting. At the end of each month, the Association receives a comprehensive operating report based on the general operation procedures outlined in the next section.
- Verify Current Occupant List
- Review Resident-Related Correspondence
- Review Project Rules and Regulations
- Review CC&Rs and Review Corporate Bylaws
RCP General Operation
Subsequent to our start-up program, RCP Management will implement the following general procedures to ensure a smooth, month-to-month operation.
Assessments - All monthly checks are deposited in a local segregated lock box account for the benefit of the Association. Concurrently, an entry is made into the system as a credit to assessment, which updates the owner's payment status.
Collections - A Delinquency Report is reviewed on the 15th day of each month. From this report, demand letters are issued and other reasonable collection methods employed.
Invoices - All invoices for project bills are received in the RCP office. They are then coded to the proper general ledger account, and prepared for approval. A copy of the check is maintained at the RCP office to provide evidence of payment should a vendor dispute arise.
After the close of the books at the end of each month, the association is provided with the following documents:
The accuracy and efficacy of our reports are based on RCP Management's ability to maintain excellent records with state-of-the-art data processing. We are able to generate on-line comprehensive property information and detailed financial reports. Since this system is completely integrated, information can flow through the various modules without any duplication of work. This system provides the kind of flexibility which allows us to customize the financial reports to the owner's specific requirements.
- Balance Sheet
- Monthly Income Statement
- Delinquency Report
- Bank Account Reconciliatio
- Budget to Actual Comparison
STAFFING, VENDORS, AND SUBCONTRACTORS
The performance of all current vendors and subcontractors and subsequent contractors will be monitored to assure full compliance with the contract and quality of work. RCP's division of property management personnel are well qualified in these areas.
At RCP Management, we believe in the importance of accommodating all owners with prompt and courteous service. Our property management system accurately tracks the timeliness of such service, and takes swift action when unnecessary lapses are indicated.
RCP Financial Reports
A computerized financial statement is produced on a monthly basis.
BALANCE SHEET - INCOME STATEMENT
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statements
- Occupant Ledger (amounts billed, dates and amounts of payments, balance due)
- Outstanding list, includes action taken
- Itemization and aging
This web site is a
service of RCP Management Company